Position: Membership and Training Enquiries Assistant
Location: Dyslexia Action part of the Real Group Ltd, Staines upon Thames, Surrey
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (core hours are 9am-5pm)
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 (dependent on experience & qualifications) + pension + non contractual bonus + benefits
We are looking for a Membership and Training Enquiries Assistant as an integral part of our friendly Dyslexia Action and Dyslexia Guild team.
You will take enquiries and co-ordinate the administration of professional registration and memberships. We can offer flexibility in how you work. For most roles we are able to facilitate working up to 40% of your time being worked from home. We can consider flexible working such as a job share. The core hours are required because enquiries from educational professionals are taken throughout the typical working day.
We are a friendly, successful and expanding company providing training courses to teachers, education professionals and psychologists. Already globally recognised as being at the vanguard of our sector, we aim to further expand the professional development offered by Dyslexia Action and Real Training to become industry-leading examples of professional development utilising our innovative fusion of psychology, education and technology expertise. The Dyslexia Guild is a professional membership body for Specialist Teachers and Support Tutors, more information can be found at: dyslexiaguild.org.uk.
- Inclusivity – valuing others, respecting others, recognising and celebrating the contribution of all
- Positivity – taking a positive outlook to challenges and embracing change and opportunity
- Curiosity – seeking to reflect, learn, ask questions and challenging orthodoxies
- Integrity – acting fairly, honestly, and consistently
- Growth – seeking growth and positive change for individuals and organisations
- Sustainability – helping regain ecological balance.
We have 65 employees across three locations and many expert tutors and psychologists. Real Group also offers an e-learning consultancy, an online shop and educational psychology services to schools and parents. We have a strong culture of ethical business practice and are striving to achieve B-corp status. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to education and its ability to change lives. We are committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives and promoting inclusive practices across education by delivering high-quality professional development for teachers. More information is available at www.realgroup.co.uk
You are an individual with an ability to learn about academic qualifications and membership and confident using databases. Therefore good computer skills and an eye for detail are key in this role. Previous customer service experience or sales experience is an advantage. Flexibility in your approach to tasks is a great skill as you’ll work within a team and at times have to support other administrative tasks, within the Dyslexia Guild and Dyslexia Action team.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Experience in using databases and extracting information from them
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good computer skills; particularly familiarity with word processing, and spreadsheets.
- An ability to learn about academic qualifications and training routes
- Experience in sales is desirable
We build our team with talented, positive-thinking and experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds. Working at Real Group brings many benefits including:
- Flexible working within a friendly, supportive team (around core hours)
- Annual bonus (non contractual and subject to company’s performance)
- Holiday and 4% pension
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Health and dental plan
- Salary sacrifice options for purchasing a bicycle or leasing an electric car.
Real Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all.
To learn more about what we do with your personal data and how it is looked after, go to https://www.realgroup.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Please click here to view the job description for this position.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.