Due to a planned expansion of our team at Real Group, we have several exciting opportunities for Educational Psychologists:
- Employment opportunities for Educational Psychologists and Senior Educational Psychologists (HCPC registered) to join our team – full or part-time – delivering non-statutory consultation and intervention services to schools. We have contracts with schools, virtual schools and alternative settings in London and the South-east. Our employed EPs work directly with schools and also work on developing and delivering training to teachers in the UK and internationally. More information below.
- Freelance work: Online tutoring delivered over flexible hours / times of the week to support teachers undertaking CPD and action research in their schools as part of:
- Masters modules – on our validated MEd SEND and MEd Dyslexia and Literacy difficulties.
- CPD and professional development – through our Senior Mental Health Lead (SMHL) courses and the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET)
- Freelance work: Face-to-face tutoring for Senior Mental Health Leads in schools and with school staff undertaking Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing in schools
- Freelance work: writing content for new SEND courses – including mental health units, specialist teacher training, teaching assistant courses and apprenticeships for young people aged 16-24. We are keen to find new talented EPs to join our existing specialist team, who can write content – including for our programme on maths-related difficulties and dyscalculia.
Do you want to become part of an exciting company delivering the best that psychology can offer to children, families and schools? Can you meet the challenge of applying your psychological knowledge and expertise to a range of innovative projects and training courses?
Real Group, founded and run by educational psychologists (EPs), is recruiting EPs (employment and freelance) to work across the Real Training and Real Psychology areas of our company. We are a dynamic, growing organisation with an established reputation for providing CPD training, SEN consultancy, and direct psychological services. We trade through Real Training (realtraining.co.uk), Real Psychology (realpsychology.co.uk) and Dyslexia Action (dyslexiaaction.co.uk). The Real Psychology team trades according to social enterprise principles.
Real Psychology has a number of long-term contracts with schools and alternative education provision (AP), as well as shorter project-based commissions. We consider individual requests for involvement on a case-by-case basis. As a team, we are specialists in the areas of emotional and mental health; we also regularly carry out casework across all areas of need.
With us, you can look forward to building a diverse and professional work portfolio in a fluidly and rapidly developing market. Your varied role will include direct service provision to schools and alternative provision, seeking exciting new commissions, international work, the delivery of Real Training’s online and blended CPD courses, as well as the development of further postgraduate level training for education professionals.
We are looking for enthusiastic EPs to join our high-performing team. You will be able to work sensitively with children, schools and families; be confident in applying psychology in innovative ways; and be able to support the development of research and academic skills in other professionals. We strongly advocate evidence-based ethical practice and integrated psychological approaches.
We are an equal opportunities, flexible employer with offices in Greenwich and Canterbury. We are particularly interested in hearing from psychologists at any stage of their career who are looking for new and cutting-edge ways of working.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Full- or part-time candidates will be considered. Salary for employed roles negotiable between £42,000 – £54,000 (depending on experience) plus pension.
To apply for freelance work, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your career, education and professional development to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for employment roles, in addition to the above please also explain how you meet the person specification and job description: Senior / Educational Psychologist Job Description – June 2022. Please also send the information to email@example.com.
You can also view our join the team on the Real Psychology website for more information about the department.
To discuss the role further, please contact either: